The Lock-Up is managed and administered by the Newcastle Historic Reserve Trust, a community trust under the Crown Lands Act of 1989. The Trust is charged with the care, control and management of three historic buildings on Hunter Street, bounded by Watt and Bolton Streets;
+ Newcastle Telegraph Office (circa 1861), 74 Hunter Street
+ Public Works Building (circa 1872), 88 Hunter Street
+ Newcastle Police Lock-Up (circa 1861), 90 Hunter Street
As a non-profit organisation the overall purpose of the Trust is to conserve its heritage assets and promote cultural programs for the benefit of the community. Revenue from corporate leasing ensures the ongoing maintenance of the buildings and assists in funding the administration of The Lock-Up, including staff, venue hire, artist in residence program and regular hours for public availability of the art gallery and museum.
Geraldine Bobsien, Chair
Luke Kellett, Treasurer
Rosemary Melville, Secretary