The Lock-Up's Volunteer Program attracts people with a range of backgrounds and skills, a shared commitment to the collection and a desire to help the Museum and Art Gallery.
Volunteers play an integral role in operation of The Lock-Up Cultural Centre. We could not open our doors to the public without them. Our volunteers work hard to create a welcoming and informative centre filled with history, art and culture.
The Lock-Up Volunteers bring substantial benefit to:
- Our visitors by enhancing their experiences and understanding of museum objects and exhibitions.
- Our organisation by bringing specialist advice and skills into the organisation and through the provision of additional support to particular programs.
- The wider community by providing an avenue for community participation in specific exhibitions or the organisation as a whole.
Volunteer benefits provided by the Lock-up
Along with the interesting and rewarding experience of working in the museum, volunteers receive:
- A Certificates of Recognition after every year of service
- Written reference as required
- Invitations to social events and activities for volunteers
- Access to the internet connection (byo device)
- Participation in events and exhibitions within the Lock-up Cultural Centre
- Experience in the areas of Newcastle History and Architecture, Museum Studies, and Gallery Administration.
The Lock-Up Cultural Centre
90 Hunter St. Newcastle NSW 2304
T +61 2 4925 2265 | E INFO@THELOCKUP.ORG.AU