COMMUNITY WELCOME DAY // NEW ARRIVALS TO NEWCASTLE AND THE WIDER COMMUNITY
11.30AM 23 APRIL 2017 -
Join us at The Lock-Up for a welcome day for new arrivals to the Newcastle community.
11.30AM – 3.00PM SUNDAY 23 APRIL 2017
- Children’s art and craft activities
- Storytelling and art session lead by Islington Public School
- Music and performance by Berias Masseque and Tone Camerata
- Launch of fashion label ÆGLE Couture by young Congolese Australian fashion designer Martha Ngoyi
- Traditional Welcome to Country by Awabakal Elder Aunty Sandra Griffin
- Free vegan, halal friendly lunch catered by The Persian Place
- Tea, coffee and fruit on arrival
This project is supported through an Artist or Curator Residency grant. The Artist or Curator Residency program is supported by the Copyright Agency’s Cultural Fund and is managed by Museums & Galleries of NSW.
PROUDLY SUPPORTED BY: The NSW Government through NSW Crown Lands and Arts NSW, Headjam, The Herald, City of Newcastle, University of Newcastle and Hunter TAFE.
PROJECT PARTNERS: Copyright Agency Cultural Fund, Museums & Galleries of NSW, Refugees & Partners, Northern Settlement Services, Newcastle Community Youth Development Project, CatholicCare, Timeless Textiles and Persian Place.